I am a huge dog person. Love ‘em, can’t get enough of those four legged creatures. Last year I rescued my dog who’s a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. The dog is completely attached to me and my life. His name is Wrigley and we can’t imagined what we did around the apartment before we had the little guy. Cavaliers are known to have heart conditions. Furthermore with Wrigley being a rescue this puts him at an even further risk of having a poor condition. Luckily this was not the case for me. However in the spirit of health, here are some tips for Man’s Best Friend:
2. Chew teeth-cleaning chews or biscuits and have his/her teeth brushed 3 times per week.
3. Avoid people food as much as possible.
4. Get his/her vaccinations and visit the veterinarian for regular checkups.
5. Take his/her medications as prescribed by the veterinarian, if applicable.
6. Eat only the amount of dog food necessary to maintain an ideal body condition, measured with a standardized measuring cup, and monitor body condition regularly.
7. Exercise or play actively at least 3 times per day for at least 15 minutes each time.
8. Be trained to respond to my commands most of the time.
9. Be safe in the yard, on walks, and on trips by using protective barriers and gear such as fences, leashes, and dog carriers.
10. Be happy!
The last point is my favorite. You can find more information on pet health here: http://www.realage.com/pet-health/