I was stressing about how I would manage to cook something healthy with no time to spare, so I decided it was time to break out my crock pot! And what better to make in a crock pot than chili? Unfortunately I completely underestimated the size of my crock pot and made way too much, which means I get to make another batch later on with no extra work! It came really good, so I’m not complaining!
- 1 pound ground chicken (turkey probably would have been better but I had chicken)
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes undrained (I used one can fire roasted and one can no salt added)
- 1 can Campbell’s Healthy Request Tomato soup
- 1 bottle dark beer (I used Guinness)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bag of frozen corn
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown the ground chicken and chopped onions.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken and onions, and put mixture in crock pot
- Cook for 9 hours on low heat
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!
I served this with baked potatoes but it was so good and filling that we didn’t even want the potatoes. This isn’t hot (it’s actually a little sweet) so if you like hot chili you’re on your own!